Server IP address change

All topics including help with connections, installing planes and scenery
packo88
Captain
Captain

Server IP address change

Postby packo88 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:02 am

G'day All,

Figair servers has had the same IP address for many years now but soon that will be changing. Parts of Australia are finally changing over from a copper network to a fibre network. We are lucky enough to be one of the chosen few to be changing very very soon.

Australia has suffered from a second class internet connection for way too long. I am lucky, as where I live is only 500m from the local telephone exchange. My connection speeds are pretty good at 16mb/s of a max of 24mb/s download and 1 mb/s upload. Most ADSL users in Australia get nowhere near that.

Today I was offered (and signed up for) what they call the NBN (National Broadband Network) which in my area is fibre to the node.
I have paid for the super fast connection which is 100mb/s down and 40mb/s up. The fastest on offer. The only drawback is that my IP address gets moved from a static Ip to a Dynamic IP.

Some of you remember the days when this was the case in the past. To make it easier I used a third party service that allowed us to use an address that never changed but always pointed to my current IP address. We are going to go back to that system.

Now you can once again use the name figs.hopto.org

I will be changing the webpage info to reflect this in the near future when I get time. If you are having any difficulty connecting with figs.hopto.org please use this webpage to find the current IP address or use FSHostSpy that will also show you the current IP address being used.

At the end of the day it will be better for all of us.
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Return to “General”