Greatly improve your FSX performance

All topics including help with connections, installing planes and scenery
TI-506 CR
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Greatly improve your FSX performance

Postby TI-506 CR » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:56 am

i dont know if there was a topic about this before, im sorry if that is the case, i need to share this with you, very simple with just one tool and one website that you need to acces just one time.

first go to this website enter your system features if there is one feature that you dont know or you are not sure just select:i dont know, the site will check the correct feature for you, then site is going to create an fsx.cfg file with new entries that are going to improove graphics and FPS based on your system then you can download the fsx.cfg file and replace it with the one that is on your temp folder dont forget to backup the one that you already have, dont worry the website is going to tell you how to find your fsx.cfg file, this is website link:
http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

then here is a wonderful tool. Probably you have installed a multicore processor in your pc, as you already know FSX was created to run in just one core this tool is going to give you the option to get FSX running in up to 6 cores your sim will be smoother and will improove your frame rates.
here is the file i have uploaded it to my mediafire account: http://www.mediafire.com/download/atvqq ... SP-105.zip
1. extract the file
2. run the tool
3. click set file
4. click set executable file
5. browse your fsx executable file
5. priority high and boost enabled yes, then select core 1,2,3,4..........
6. apply settings , you can see 9 free spaces below, that is if you want to run another software at the same time like your internet browser or any weather tool, so those programs are not going to interfer with FSX
the tool comes with a better explained tutorial that you can check in a PDF file.

i have tried this and im more than happy with the results just setting your FSX.cfg file will give you a great upgrade if you really want to take the most advantage try the whole thing, if you have a question let me know. thanks
Last edited by TI-506 CR on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TI-506 CR
Senior First Officer
Senior First Officer

Re: Greatly improove your FSX performance

Postby TI-506 CR » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:58 am

i forgot to tell you the fsx.cfg Tweaking and Tuning tool (the website) applies for Prepar 3D as well

packo88
Captain
Captain

Postby packo88 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:43 am

Thanks heaps for that TI-506 CR.

I have used this tool before for FSX and it worked great. One thing I didn't know was that it works for P3d too :) . Now that I do know, I will give it a go.

Thanks again
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

UAL6532
First Officer
First Officer

Postby UAL6532 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:51 pm

Thanks for the heads up. This is the second time I have heard of this. A guy who was at an aviation school I went to in dc told me about this. He is big on following pc magazine and showed me an article about this. Just never got around to doing it. Will try when I get home. I will post how it turns out.

UAL6532
First Officer
First Officer

Re: Greatly improve your FSX performance

Postby UAL6532 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:35 am

Results,

ok I have completed the tools listed above. Since I have done this, I have updated my graphics card to a GE FORCE GTX 970 (bought a second one, just waiting on the new power supply to come in before I put it in).

What I have noticed is that while setting on the ground, great performance and crisp clear textures. Taxi and takeoff no issues. As soon as I get about a thousand feet off the ground, textures start to get blurry. The higher I go, the more blurry they are. When I am at 30,000ft, cant even make out coast lines, just a bunch of blur. As I descend, it doesn't get good again until I am about a thousand feet from the ground.

I have my FSX settings on Anisotropic with anti-aliasing checked
I have reloaded all my texture and scenery programs (listed below).

I cannot find what is causing this. My performance never decreases, or the texture of the clouds or aircraft, just the clouds.
I have run out of ides, anyone have an idea?
I have not messed with the settings on my video card since I do not know what I am doing with that.

Textures- Essentials Overdrive plus, REX 4

ORBX- FTX Global BASE, FTX Global Vector, FTX Global openLCEurope, and all the freeware from ORBX. I will try and get a screenshot posted later to give a better visual.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

UAL6532
First Officer
First Officer

Postby UAL6532 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:45 am

UAL6532
First Officer
First Officer

Postby UAL6532 » Mon May 04, 2015 9:57 am

Sorry my photo above didn't load, but I resolved the issue the easiest (longest way). Re-install Flight Sim with all my scenery. Never could find out what I had to do. The re-install took almost three full days, but now that I am flying the first test flight, problem solved. Somehow I deleted my aircraft cfg and could not get it back. So if you do this improvement, be sure to keep a copy of your old cfg in case you do not like the changes. I also installed a second G FORCE NVIDIA GTX 970 graphics card. Looking very nice now. Just can't wait to get the rest of ORBX scenery.

Return to “General”