How to write a Hoplist

Anything to do with Hoplists. How to create. How to fly. Ideas on themes or locations and whats on for next month
packo88
Captain
Captain

How to write a Hoplist

Postby packo88 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:07 am

Using FSNavigator

If you still use FSNavigator you can write a hoplist very easy. Just create a flight plan and add all the airports you wish to include(MUST BE DEFAULT AIRPORTS) in the order you wish to visit them in. Only include airports! Don’t add any other waypoint or runways. Just airports. When finished click the Plan button, select Export and choose the “Windows.INI” format. Put that INI file into a ZIP folder and attach to a forum post with any other info you would like to include such as Name ect. We will do the rest.

Using Plan G

Another way to create a hoplist is with Plan G () . It’s a free program from TA Software. Once you have it installed, it will ask you to create a database from your Flight Simulator. It’s a fantastic program and I suggest you check it out if you haven’t already.

To create a hoplist that is usable on our servers it must be written with a Default FS9 database. As some airport have different IDs in different versions of flight sim. This isn’t hard if you have a default FS9 installed on your pc. Just create a database with it. If not, I have provided one below for download. Make sure you download the one that suits the version of Plan G you are running and follow the instructions inside the ZIP folder.
--------------------------------------------

Now that you have Plan G including a default FS9 database you can start a new flight plan and add all the airports you wish to have in it. Save the flight plan, put it in a ZIP folder and attach to a forum post with any other info you would like to include such as Name ect. We can do the rest, but if your up to it, you can do more .

If you’re up to it you can do the complete list by adding all the destinations into the . As long as you have used default FS9 airports and don’t have any typos you can download the hoplist at the bottom of that page. Save it and put it in a ZIP folder, attach to a forum post with any other info you would like to include such as Name ect. That’s it:woohoo: .

Some Other Things To Think About

If your writing a list for the Monthly Hoplist consider the time aloud to fly it. We only have a month and many flyers can only fit in an hour or two each day on average.
So if its a list for long flights in a small to large jet 300nm to 600nm is going to take 1 to 2 hours to do each hop, so you would only want 15 to 25 hops.
Then again if its small bush hops under 100nm you may be able to get 50 or so hops in in a month. With a combination of both you may be looking at 30 to 40 hops. Just look at the distance and type of aircrat that would be used and try not to go over about 55 hours of flight time.

Don't include a 400nm hop to a 2000' dirt strip. It puts a lot of people off and the whole idea is to get as many people to finish your list. That being said it is OK to add a large hop here and there for when people have the time. Just don't make it too often and all together. eg 10 small hops under 150nm and then a 500nm people find quite enjoyable but remember, people like a large rwy for takeoff AND landing when flying long hops. ILS on landing is even better.

The terrain and scenery is also important. Flat open landscapes are ok sometimes but not all the time. Try to include a bit of variety. Some ideas are rivers, mountains, cities, harbors, monuments, farmland, history, islands and oceans.

I hope this guide has helped a little and hope to see your hoplist submission soon. If you would like to send me your hoplist just email it to the address below.
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Baron

Re: How to write a Hoplist

Postby Baron » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:11 am

G'day, Been a while Packo.... Just a quick question..
I was trying to download the FS9 database for PlanG v3 from your link but keep getting this error :-
'(HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage'
I'm registered and logged in ! any help would be great m8, before I dig out and install FS9 just to obtain it.

Cheers

Baron (Eric)

packo88
Captain
Captain

Postby packo88 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:08 am

G'day Baron. Long time mate. Good to hear from you.
The links have been fixed and its all good to go.

See you in the air soon.
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Baron

Postby Baron » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:43 am

Thanks m8... :D
Will be in the skies soon....
tally hooo, what what....

Return to “Hoplists”