NZ The unlisted strips

Anything to do with Hoplists. How to create. How to fly. Ideas on themes or locations and whats on for next month
packo88
Captain
Captain

Re: NZ The unlisted strips

Postby packo88 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:51 am

Don't bother about the one I posted Tim. It is just a text file that doesn't do anything.

The one Age posted is a bgl file and this will show on your gps where the unlisted strips are in the Orbx NZNI scenery. If you don't use that scenery don't bother with it. If you do, just download it and place the BGL file in this folder

"Your flight sim root folder" / Addon Scenery / Scenery

Next time you run the sim it will rebuild the scenery database and add all the locations to the GPS.
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Senior Captain

Postby Age » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:56 am

Yes good question Tim and I should have explained in the 1st post of this thread .. as Packo said just put it in Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Addon Scenery\scenery folder , all it does is make it possible to use the gps to navigate to these strips. so all you need for the north island is this file download/file.php?id=11 , extract it and put in the the folder as mentioned above. Of course you need Orbx NZ scenery to see the strips.
It's easy to get caught up in the big machine

packo88
Captain
Captain

Postby packo88 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:14 am

We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Senior Captain

Postby Age » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:39 am

Awesome packo , looks great , in the hops I have tested I just use plan G as a map . but great having the heading and rough estimate of speed and time in the hop. It just keeps getting better.
Thanks m8

Senior Captain

Postby Age » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:26 am

Just to give you a idea of how many unlisted strips there are , I am only as far south as Tauranga in the North Island and I have 56 hops without going to a default airstrip , all of these are unlisted strips.
I also have a South Island list completed because it seems that Orbx will be releasing the South Island P3D 2.2 installers 1st.

Return to “Hoplists”